Car owners are availing different car insurances from different Car Insurance companies. But, do you understand the coverage of your car insurance? Were you informed about how you are going to apply for it, especially, if you need to claim for your benefit? Anyway, for you to be aware about this, the Car Insurance Company needs to explain the policy to you as a potential client.
If a Car Insurance Agent cannot even explain to you any of your benefit as well as the coverage of the insurance that you are about to avail, then there is something wrong with that company. It may be a form of scam, which is actually widespread anywhere in the world today. You should not let yourself be a victim of those scammers, so you must be meticulous when someone comes and ask you to avail an insurance for your car.
Own Damage Car Insurance
Anyway, one coverage that car insurance companies offer is the Own Damage Car Insurance. This will cover damages on your own car while you are driving on the road. This is also known as the Collision Insurance or Own Damage and Theft insurance. It actually covers two areas. One includes the damages to your own car when you met an accident only. The other one is the insurance against theft.
You have to keep in mind that this kind of insurance does not cover damages to your car, which are caused by natural disasters. And ten, if you lost things inside the car, then that is also not included in the coverage of the Own Damage Car Insurance.
Requirements in making a Claim
When filing for your claim, you have to comply the requirements needed. In such a way, your application will not be denied. After sending your application, an officer will be in-charged in inspecting the damages of your car, so that they can calculate the actual cost of the damages.
- A copy of the Own Damage Car Insurance Policy
- The Official Receipt of your premium payment.
- The police report.
- A copy of your driver’s license as well as your receipt.
- A photocopy of the third party’s driver’s license and the receipt.
- Registration certificate of the vehicle and official receipt.
- Taken photo of the damaged part of the car and its license plate.
- Picture of the entire car together with the license plate.
- Affidavit coming from the Car Insurance Company that must be notarize.
- The estimate Cost of Repair.
- The certificate of No Claim, coming from the insurer of the other party.
When you met an accident, you have to make sure that a report will be given as soon as the police officers are done with their investigation. You then, need to contact your insurance company. When an agent will ask you to sign a policy, stating that you are liable for anything that will happen to your car, you must never sign that. A reliable and trusted company will never ask you to sign such statements, except for some sort of scams.